For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is the Scottish Gamekeepers Association (“SGA” or “we”), a company registered in Scotland no. SC386843, with registered office at Inveralmond Business Centre, 6 Auld Bond Road, Perth, PH1 3FX.
We are committed to ensuring your privacy and protecting the data we hold about you.
(a) Why we collect data (b) What data we collect (c) When we collect data (d) What we do with the data (e) How you can manage and control your data
1) WHY WE COLLECT DATA?
The main reasons we collect and use data are:
- to provide the Services and information that you have requested;
- to help optimise your use of the Services, to give you a good user experience and to personalise your use and our communications to you;
- to help us monitor, support and improve the performance of our Services (by analysing your use and experience of our Services);
- to help us understand more about you and the products and services you use and are interested in; and
2) WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT?
When you join SGA you will be opening an account with us. To open an account we require your personal details.
In addition, we may collect the following information:
- - Name
- - contact information including email address
- - demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- - other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
3) WHAT DO WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION/DATA WE GATHER
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
6) LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
7) SOCIAL NETWORK SITES
These services provide social buttons and similar features which we use on our website - such as the "Like" and "Tweet" buttons.
To do so we embed code that they provide and we do not control ourselves. To function, their buttons generally know if you're logged in; for example Facebook uses this to say "x of your friends like this". We do not have any access to that information, nor can we control how those networks use it.
Social networks therefore could know that you're viewing this website, if you use their services (that isn't to say they do, but their policies may change). As our website is remarkably inoffensive we imagine this is not a concern for most users.
8) CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above email address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
There are four (4) main types of cookies:-
• Strictly necessary – these are required to enable you to move around our Services and to use their features.
• Functionality – they help personalise your use of our Services and make your use of them more efficient and enjoyable.
• Analytical – they help us analyse patterns of behaviour and to develop a better user experience, and improve our Services.
• Advertising – these are used to show you adverts that are more relevant to you and your interests.
10) ONLINE SHOP
When you sign up for an account or order something through our online shop we will record specific personal information about you, such as your name and email address. We also log account and transaction history for accounting purposes, and to monitor our business activities. The online shop is provided and managed by our webmaster, you can learn more about Web Smart Media and their approach to privacy.
11) ONLINE PAYMENTS
We use Stripe to process payments. By using a third party payment processor such as Stripe we avoid ever coming into contact with your sensitive payment information. When you provide payment details on our website they are sent to Stripe directly for processing. Less sensitive information, such as your name, email address, and address will be shared with us in order to processes your purchase.
12) WEBSITE STATISTICS
We measure visitors to our website using Google Analytics. This records what pages you view within our site, how you arrived at our site and some basic information about your computer, such as the web browser you use and the screen resolution. All of that information is anonymous - so we don't know who you are; just that somebody visited our site.
The information we collect from analytics helps us understand what parts of our sites are doing well, how people arrive at our site and so on. Like most websites, we use this information to make our website better.
Any data collected by Google Analytics that is associated with cookies, user identifiers or advertising identifiers is retained for a period of up to 26 months.
You can learn more about Google Analytics or opt out if you wish.
13) THINGS YOU CAN DO
You have legal control over your personal data, and so you may at any time:
* get a copy of any personal data we hold about you
* have any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete data corrected
* ask that personal data be erased when it's no longer needed
* ask that your data is not used for marketing purposes
If you need to do so then please get in touch with us using the details below.