2 SEASONAL GHILLIES - FANNICH ESTATE
Fannich Estate, near Garve, are looking for two seasonal ghillies to be a part of a four man team during the stag season. The position covers a period from the 17th September - 20th October.
Applicants preferably with Argocat experience but not essential, accommodation is also provided.
Applications can sent to the head keeper, Ruari Matheson, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone 01997 414318.
DEER RANGER - ATHOLL ESTATE
Forest Deer Management
• Assist the Forest Operations Manager in the production of annual deer census and cull targets for forestry blocks.
• Assist the Forest Operations Manager in the production of deer management and cull results
• Undertake culling in the Core woods.
• Where appropriate work within the prescriptions of special deer cull authorisations to Scottish Natural Heritage and report culls to the Forest Operations Manager
• Maintain deer larder records
Sporting Deer Management
• Manage roe and fallow deer populations in Deuchary to provide a sport cull
• Organisation and hosting of field sport for day guests as directed by the Rural Manager
• Polite and competent treatment of all guests at all times
• Management of all sport events to be in accordance with best practice as directed by Estate
Delivery of Deer Culls
• Carry out deer cull in accordance with SNH Good Practice Guidance in a competent and professional manner compliant to all relevant codes of good practice
• Comply with the requirements of the Wildlife & Countryside Act 1981 and the Deer (Scotland) Act 1996 as amended by the Wildlife and Natural Environment (Scotland) Act 2011.
• Retrieve all carcasses and prepare them for uplift by the game marketing dealer directly from the Estate larder. Carcasses to be prepared in accordance with guidelines as set out by the Estate or Dealer
• Maintain larder in clean and hygienic condition at all times
• Maintain firearms in good condition and secure at all times
• Participation in Deer Management Group initiatives
• Care and maintenance of Estate rifles ensuring a minimum of one service annually through recognised gunsmith.
Operation of Vehicles
• Operation of vehicles including, tractors, ATVs and forestry implements within the capability of your training and experience
• Vehicles to be checked at least once weekly for basic running condition and service records to be maintained
• Vehicles to be kept in reasonably clean and hygienic condition
• Servicing to be in accordance with Estate programme. Any fault or concern occurring between services to be reported directly to the Rural Manager
Estate Maintenance Duties
• External property management duties within the capability of your training and experience
• Fence repair and renewal
Management of Sawmill Buildings
• Buildings, stores and sawmill yards to be checked for minor external repairs at least twice annually. If work required beyond competence then report in writing to Estate
• Area around buildings and yards to be kept free of debris and redundant objects at all times. Weeds and vegetation to be kept under control at all times
• Area within buildings to be kept tidy at all times
Management of forest roads
• Care will be taken with the use of vehicles on forest roads to prevent excessive wear
• Gates on forest roads to be kept free swinging at all times
• Road drains and offlets will be kept clear of obstruction at all times but specific attention will be given to clear out all road drains and offlets at least once during the autumn, winter and spring.
• Minor potholes repairs
• Emergency response including out of hours work to attend road clearance of trees and fire fighting duties to forest, agricultural and hill land
General Estate Duties
• Undertake control of grey squirrels, this may involve some weekend working.
• Compliance with Estate Health and Safety Policy and responsibility for applying Policy to all staff
• Compliance with the letter and the spirit of the law in relation to the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981; Nature Conservation (Scotland) Act 2004 and the Wildlife and Natural Environment (Scotland) Act 2011
• Tolerant and constructive approach to the public
• Assistance with in-hand farming and forestry enterprises as directed by Rural Manager
• Attendance at all Department meetings
• Monthly reporting of time sheets, vehicle records and chemical usage
• Control of pollution at all times
• Disposal of all debris at Estate skip or public refuse facility
• Any other Estate duty instructed by the Rural Manager or Forest Operations Manager from time to time for which you are adequately trained
SEASONAL GHILLIE - CORROUR ESTATE
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the position of Seasonal Ghillie on the 57,000 acre Corrour Estate near Fort William. A successful applicant will join a team of 3 stalkers and 2 further seasonal ghillies. Primary duty is to assist stalkers during the stag and hind season, with particular emphasis during the busy client stalking period. The position covers the period 3rd July - 31st March.
ArgoCat ATV certification and Quad bike certification beneficial.
Driving license and Firearms certificate essential.
Applicants can apply by email with a current CV to: Donald@corrour.co.uk
Deadline for application 16th June 2017
STALKER/GROUSE KEEPER – INVERMARK
Beat keeper required to join team of 6. Must have extensive some grouse and deer experience. Applications to the Head Keeper, Dalhousie Estates Office, Brechin, Angus, DD9 6SG. E-mail: Dalhousieestates@btinternet.com
UNDERKEEPERS REQUIRED – FASQUE ESTATE
2 x Underkeepers required for a low ground shoot on Fasque Estate which is under new ownership.
To Apply please send CV in writing to Mark Ancliff email@example.com or The Bungalow, Balnakettle, Fasque Estate, Fettercairn, Aberdeenshire AB30 1DS.
SEASONAL STALKING GHILLIE REQUIRED – FEALAR ESTATE, GLENFERNATE
A seasonal stalking ghillie from 26th June 2017 – 1st March 2018 is required on Fealar Estate, near Pitlochry in Perthshire. The successful candidate will be required to work alone and as part of a small team. Duties will include assisting the head stalker recover stags and hinds by both pony and Argo, larder work and general estate maintenance. Experience working with ponies preferable and a full driving license essential. Accommodation provided.
Please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
CONTRACT STALKER AND ARGO DRIVER ASSISTANT - GLEN DESSARY ESTATE, KNOYDART, LOCHABER
The estate would like to add to the current small team of contract stalkers to assist with the coming stag/ hind season and some wild boar hunting. The work would be on a self employed basis with periodic assignments to take out stalking clients.
Interested parties must have Deer Level 2 and have sufficient experience and physical fitness to successfully look after parties in steep high ground. We are flexible on dates and can accommodate contractors with limited availability.
We also have a requirement for the periodic hire of an experienced Argo driver to support hill parties. The work would suit a retired gamekeeper with a knowledge and interest in hill stalking and able to assist in larder work and other relevant support tasks. Accommodation is provided
Interested parties should contact Sir Patrick Grant Bt at email@example.com with details of previous experience.
Seasonal or Temporary Estate Work - Position Wanted
Available for seasonal or temporary estate work (or lodge work) - 61 year old Englishman with experience of seven stag seasons and one hind season on four different highland estates as ponyman and Argo driver. Full driving licence (& 7.5 ton), DSC1, FAC, shotgun, LANTRA Argo ticket, RYA Powerboat 2, Food Safety 2, Emergency First Aid at Work. Excellent communication and customer facing skills.
For a full CV and/or further information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Single handed/head keeper or similar -Position Wanted
Very experienced keeper, experienced in Pheasant/Partridge, Grouse and Roe Deer
For more information please contact the SGA office
Under Keeper - Position Wanted
Having spent most of the last year studying Gamekeeping at Elmwood College, Cupar followed by a couple of months practical experience, I am looking for a full time Trainee/Underkeeper position (long term seasonal position also considered). I am hardworking and willing to learn and looking to make Gamekeeping my long term career.Shotgun/Firearm/ATV certified.
For more information or CV please contact SGA Office
River Ghillie/Gamekeeper - Position Wanted
River Ghillie/Gamekeeper position required by highly experienced individual. Numerous certificates to hand along with clean driving
license, FAC/Shotgun etc. Willing to undertake other estate duties also.
CV and references available upon request. Please contact the SGA office
Experienced Stalker/Pest Controller/Shepherd - Position Wanted
For more information or CV please contact SGA Office